When they grow upJanuary 26, 2009
Alex will be 3 in just about 2 months. Its really hard for me to comprehend.
There are still so many babyish things about him.
- he still wakes up at night
- he still wants us to rock him before bed and when he wakes up
- he still wants to lay in the changing table that he’s much too big for to change his diaper and get him dressed
- he still cries for us to get him out of his crib in the morning, even though the front of it has been removed for some time now and he can get in and out on his own
- he still wants us in the room with him all the time
But then there are the things that make us wish he was still our little baby
- he has started calling us mom and dad instead of mommy and daddy
- he can play on all the big kid toys at the indoor play place
- he wants to do everything by himself
- he can put away the groceries
- he is tall and lanky and just looks like a little boy now
I miss my little baby, but at the same time look forward to the new adventures. I dont know where the time goes, but sometimes I want to stop it before he grows up too much. I think I’m really having a hard time right now being mom instead of mommy, thats the one that makes it all seem to go by so fast.